Tuesday 7 February 2012

News roundup

Bringing you up to date on a few odds and ends:

The local paper, the Sunderland Echo, ran a feature on me, published last Friday, which was quite exciting.  I did an interview and a photographer came to take pictures!  I would link to the piece so you could read it, but I can't find it on the Echo's (rather poor) website anywhere.  If it turns up, I'll let you know.

I thought the photographer might want pics of me sewing, and indeed she did.  As the current beading project is quite unrepresentative of my work, I started a new goldwork project specially, though in the event those photos weren't used, so I needn't have bothered!  I'll write more about that project at a later date.

And I've got the builders in.  I'm getting a small extension built, replacing an old, poky and dilapidated utility room with a new, larger one, featuring such such modern conveniences as windows, plus a brand new shower room/cloak room.  They just started work yesterday, and while it's all quite exciting, it's also very messy.  They're nice lads and they're doing their best to be tidy, but building work is just inherently dirty.  I'm not sure I'm going to get much sewing done for the next few weeks, as I'll be spending much of my free time scrubbing things clean!

3 comments:

  1. I love that modern convenience, windows! Good luck with all your remodeling. When we remodeled our kitchen and master bath a few years ago it took me months to get all the dust out of the carpets! It's best not to expose your lovely work to all that dirt.

    By the way, I did look at the Sunderland Echo website and you're right, it's not the best. I hope you can find the article and post a link. I looked at the other ones and even showed my husband. He was suitably impressed by the finished Banner. But who wouldn't be? It's magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cynthia!

    My current problem is waking up to find that I have no water. The builders have probably exposed the pipe work when digging the foundation trench, and the pipes have frozen.

    Right now, I really wish I was in California too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the disturbance settles down soon and you can get back to stitching again!

    ReplyDelete