Saturday 30 June 2012

I'm in Embroidery magazine

I get a mention in the July/August 2012 edition of Embroidery magazine!


OK, so it's about two inches at the bottom of a column in the news round-up, but still - Embroidery is very prestigious, so I'm thrilled to be in it at all.

Even more exciting, yesterday I was interviewed by a journalist from North East Life magazine, who want to do a feature on me!  All being well, this should appear later in the year, so I'll keep you posted.

Also exciting in a way, though a lot less fun, I was caught up in the flash floods following the freak storm that hit the region on Thursday.  My house is fine, happily, but it took me five and half hours to get home from work, including wading along a flooded road.

This was the view from Heworth bus station:


Can you spot the tops of the cars in the pub car park? To the right was a row of flooded houses, and the emergency services were evacuating people in dingies. I was very lucky and was only inconvenienced (and a bit wet), but some people will have suffered a great deal of damage.  I hope things get sorted out for them soon.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! but not so much for the flooded out people :-( Not that it isn't summer there, or anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer in England can be something of a theoretical concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) So I've heard....not that we've had proper summers the last 2 years here in Australia either..

    ReplyDelete