Sunday 15 December 2013

Druid banner - couching the spirals on the sides

Now I've started stitching, it's just a case of continuing with the couching and following the lines of the design.  To recap, the first section I'm doing is the spirals on the top half of the circle outside of the trilithon, in a couched variegated light blue metallic thread.  The trilithon breaks the design up into a few distinct areas, which I can tackle one at a time.

So without further ado, here's the first one:


I'm really pleased with how it looks - the variegated metallic thread gives a nice, almost iridescent, effect, I think, and it catches the light beautifully.

Here it is in context:


And the section on the left:


All work so far:


I think it's coming along very nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment