After the Apple Tree fire screen, I want to do a couple more small sample pieces using the same techniques, to play about a bit with the shading and see what works. The first one I'm going to do is a classical acanthus leaf design:
While the fire screen used quite bold colours, I want this to be more subtle, and will be using a 'coffee and cream' colour scheme.
First things first, though. As previously, I'm working this on gold organza, and will cut the completed embroidery out and apply it to a background. I traced the design onto the organza (with a pen this time, rather than the almost-invisible pencil I used last time):
And off the design:
I then painted this with diluted acrylic paints:
This is still on the paper so the colours look stronger than they will once it's come off, but it shows the shading I'm aiming for quite nicely.