Monday 10 August 2009

Rainbow squares - blue

As a group project, all the branches of the Embroiderers' Guild in the North East Region are currently working on rainbow squares. These are 4" squares in rainbow colours, to be worked in any technique.


Each branch is doing things slightly differently, but my branch, Sunderland, is covering all the colours. All members have been asked to do at least two squares in any colour(s) they like, though the Committee have dyed fabric ready, so that there'll be a unified look. Once finished, the individual squares will be stitched together in strips, to form a 'rainbow'.



So, after the explanation, here's my blue square. It's on the space-dyed calico provided by the branch, and is worked in couched silver no. 8 Jap thread. The leaves are little bits of silver pearl purl, threaded like beads. I could have lined it up better when putting it on the card, though - it's too close to the top. I ought to take it off and do it again, but I have a feeling I'm not going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment