Monday, 18 April 2011

Finishing the goldwork stems

Just the stems and tendrils to add on the right now - that might not sound like much, but it's still quite a bit of work.

So here we go - the upper fern:

The lower one:

And the last one, on the far right of the panel:

The wood avens' stems:

Then the stems for the pearlworts:

And a couple of extra tendrils:

Then the stems for the two final flowers:

And the last couple of tendrils:

And that's it!  That's the whole right section finished:

In fact, that's the whole panel finished:

With no more stitching to do, I can remove the tacking stitches forming the grid, leaving the embroidered flowers on their own:

I'm pleased with it - I think it looks good.  I'm particularly happy with the way the foxgloves have turned out, I think.

I'm logging all the time I spend on the project in a spreadsheet, and after adding it all up, I can tell you that this panel took 177.5 hours to complete.  I also have a schedule for all this, and unfortunately I went over my (self-imposed) deadline by a week.  I've got some time off work soon, though, so I should be able to catch up again.

Just two more to do...


  1. Congratulations!!!

    It's just lovely! I was looking forward to seeing it with the tacking stitches removed.

    I hope the next two go a bit quicker, now you've 'been there, done that'. :-)

  2. It's coming along so beautifully! It is truly amazing how much time and effort goes into a project like this, and it's a relatively small one! Great job!