Sunday 22 July 2012

Serendipity

I've been commissioned to make a small piece; the client didn't have any pre-conceived ideas about what form this should take, but did want it to feature a horse.  We've been discussing ideas for a little while, but never came up with anything we were happy with.

Meantime, I was working on the 'Earth' mini roundel.  The client reads the blog, and on seeing that, things fell into place: she would like a panel of Celtic knotwork, same as 'Earth'.

With a horse in it.

Isn't it good when things just work?  I always have more ideas than I have time to stitch.  Some of these just stay in my head, while others get drawn up and filed away.  Some time ago, in the pre-blog days, I drew this:


'Was this the sort of thing you had in mind?', I said.  'Yes!  Perfect!'

So that's what I'll be making next.

3 comments:

  1. Horsie with one heck of a tail! Love how you've connected his tail to the Knot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way his hind leg is just stepping through the knotwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely design and great that you get to use something you've already developed!

    ReplyDelete