Sunday 29 July 2012

White Horse: starting off

Having covered transferring a design so recently with 'Earth mini' I won't go over it again, as I did exactly the same: made a transfer by tracing the design with a transfer pencil, ironed it onto some cotton lawn, then used this to line the surface fabric.

Once that was done, as before I stitched over the transferred design on the back with very small running stitches to transfer it to the front.  Unfortunately, also as before, this comes out terribly in photos:


I'm afraid you're just going to have to take my word that there's anything there!  The colour of the fabric hasn't come out at all well either - it really is a much nicer pale green than it looks here.

Now the design is transferred, and as I can see it on the real thing even if you can't, I can now start the proper stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment