Tuesday 1 January 2013

Lindisfarne Beasts: birds' necks, bodies and legs

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all have lots of successful stitching awaiting you in 2013.

My current project is coming along, despite the festivities. and the birds are now finished.

The neck of the first bird:


His body:


And legs:


All are done in Madeira stranded cotton 0105.

And the same for the second bird - neck:


Body:


And legs:


Just to finish off the birds, beaks (in 0114), and eyes (in the same blue as the bodies):


That's the birds finished! Onto the dog next.

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see progress of Your project :)

    I love this style of embroidery. It remains me a book, I borrowed some time ago from library

    Of course, I got a Polish version - I live in Poland. It contains ornamental design from many artefacts. It's very useful not only for embroiderers.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arachne - that book looks fascinating. It just shows how much we all have in common across Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin' good! The perfect pairing of that blue and yellow for a Celtic look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're wonderful! The colours are spot on.

    ReplyDelete