Thursday 19 March 2015

Plantagenet Wreath - stitching the roses

Still slow progress on the roses, though I am getting there.  In the mean time, here's a closer look at stitching one individual rose.

The shading is already done, of course, so here I'm just filling in the rest with the off-white.

This is one of the larger roses, so there's a bit more stitching involved to fill it all in but the principle is the same for both. Firstly, I did all the rose petal 'lips', the bits that fold over at the top:



Before starting on the rest of the petals, I make life a bit easier for myself by putting in stitches to show where each petal starts and finishes:



I then went right round the rose adding a layer of long and short stitches:



And then round a second time, filling in the rest:



One more rose finished!  Still quite a few to go though...

2 comments:

  1. The tips are really useful.The end result is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so interesting to see the steps and I love the way the blush pink fades so naturally into the white.

    ReplyDelete