Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Finished ferns

Sorry it's been such a long time since my last post, I have been busy, honestly!  Actually, that's been most of the problem - I've been too busy.  Anyway, I'm back now, so I can start to bring you up to date.

To begin with, I've finished the first sheet of ferns.  Previously, I'd completed the buttonhole stitch around the edge; after that, I used the darkest green, Madeira 1412, to work a few stitches in the centres of the largest leaves:


This was followed by stitches using a thread formed of one strand of 1412 and one of 1411, both on the largest leaves and in the centres of the rest:


I then finished the leaves by filling in with split stitch in just the lighter shade, 1411:


(Sorry the background fabric looks a bit ripply, I forgot to take a photo until it was off the frame.)

So here are all the ferns on the sheet, completed:


They're a bit dull compared to the flowers, but they should work nicely as part of the overall design.

I should have some very exciting news for you in the next few days, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a comment