I still needed to do the same finishing to the front panel as I did to the back, so as before, I herringbone stitched the seams flat on the back to neaten things up:
And this time, I added a signature, stitching one of my woven labels onto the seam below the cross:
You never know, maybe a textile conservator of the future will find it one day!
The corner seams cut across the goldwork stems a little, so to make it all more integrated, I added a small amount of extra stitching over the seams:
So, here it is with what really was the last of the embroidery done:
All that was left to do was to add the braid around the central panel:
And it’s done!
Next – the interlining.